Pages

Wednesday 22 May 2019

Unfinished Draft



When I was a young boy, I was full of hope but over the years London broke me. It was overcrowded and polluted.  My parents left me when I was six. I grew up in a foster home close to the ports. Every morning for ten years, I woke to the smell of fish. On my 16 birthday was the first time in years hope ran through my body. A poster, It promised a new beginning in a land with jobs to be filled, it sounded like paradise. I was still too young and poor to move from home. I did some maths, I need to earn 10 pounds a week for two years to afford a ticket. But Jobs were hard to find. While I was job searching I met a man by the name of Groot. Groot had a rough character, he was a little older than me.

We spent weeks looking for jobs together. During this time we both learnt a lot about each other. Groot was homeless for most of his life, he too had lost his parents at a young age. He taught me how to live off the streets. Every Sunday night we would sneak into gated communities, The wealthy would throw out all kinds of things. Every night we would commit a new crime. It wasn't long before I had more than enough money to leave. But I was hooked, over the next two years I built up an underground crime ring, I had money by the bucky load.

Everybody knew my name, I made most my money through smaller crimes lending loans or robbing
the rich. I had something big planned, one last hit on the bank of London then I would flee to the
paradise I was promised years ago.

1 comment:

  1. I like this story because it's unique because of the different lifestyle your character has. You also went in depth in detail because you explained everything your character did in detail.

    Next time you could use various types of sentences such as long and short sentences since most of your sentences are in the between length.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.